Thursday, January 12, 2012

{what's in a word}

Playing with words

I've been dancing with words for a long while now but I was surprised to discover that choosing my word for the year went all the way back to 2009 when I chose the word ENJOY.  

The practice of choosing a word has become quite sacred actually.  Because I've come to see how powerful it can be.  Over the years these words ENJOY, SHINE, SURRENDER and RESOLVE have carried me and guided me.  When times get tough I recite my word like a mantra, when I'm not sure which way to go I look to my word to help me find my way, when I need to ground myself I look to my word.  I have completely fallen in love with this practice.

For 2012 I've chosen the word NOURISH.  I want to NOURISH myself in every possible way.  Home, health, heart, art, business, creativity, relationships, finances, etc.  And I want to NOURISH others too.  This is to be a year of goodness, of abundance, of joy.  I can't wait to see how this word travels with me.  Already I'm embracing it and letting it guide me.

woty collage

I've decided to so something a bit special this year with the 'word of the year' concept.  I'm offering custom made 'word of the year' paintings.  Your word and your favourite colour/s transformed into an original painting made especially for you.  They're in my Etsy shop now.  Pop on over and take a look.

2 comments:

  1. nourish...great word Cathy. Here's to a very nourishing year for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a wonderful word to guide you in 2012 Cathy - congratulations on finding this word!

    ReplyDelete