Tuesday, April 24, 2012

{reasons to stay small}

Teeny weenie originals in progress. Just 3 x 3.5 inches. Smallest work I've ever done.
 {teenie tiny originals in progress}
  • I don't have enough time!
  • It's too hard!
  • I don't know how to do things that I need to get done!
  • I don't have any money!
  • What's the point?
  • Why bother?
  • There's too much competition!
  • Nobody will like me if I'm successful! {seriously, where does this one come from?}
  • Risk nothing, lose nothing!
  • It's safer to be small!
  • It's the only way I really know how to be!
These are just some of the excuses/gremlins/fears that are coursing through my veins at the moment. Every day is an exercise in choosing.  Do I choose to stay small?  To let the fear prevail?

Or do I choose to grow?  To open my mind and my heart to possibility and imaginings?  To take baby steps towards great big dreams?

You probably know what I'm thinking!

5 comments:

  1. you are a steps and bounds ahead of me artist wise my darling, I'm too scared to even open up a store or try sell my art! I envy the courage it took for you to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have not taken that big step of opening a shop. So to me, you are big already! I'm sure you will find your way through the amazing choices ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in awe of your art.And to me you already are successful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go all the way...really there is so little to lose in the big picture. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, they're all good reasons.
    But the reasons to ignore them are even better. Like anything work fighting for, this is what makes them scary.
    I would say "You go girl!" but I suspect you are well on your way already.
    xx

    ReplyDelete