Wednesday, August 8, 2012

{nice day for it}



Well ole Melbourne town has gone and put on some spectacularly crappy weather today.  Just in time for the opening night of Luna 1878, the new winter night market at the Queen Victoria Market.

I'm excited to be part of the market this year.  As well as having prints and cards for sale I'll also be bringing along my easel and doing some painting on site.  I'll be so interested to see what effect, if any, having an audience has on the work.

According to the forecast this crazy wind is supposed to die down this afternoon.  I hope so.  It doesn't exactly inspire one to get off the couch and head out into the city.  Us Melbournians are a tough breed though so I'm sure there'll be some brave souls out and about.

And to help tempt you along there'll be mulled wine, music and all sorts of delicious food.  I'm planning on having American style BBQ ribs for my dinner!

If you're feeling brave head on out to M Shed at Queen Victoria Market this evening from 5.30 - 10pm, or any Wednesday for the next 4 weeks.  Be sure to stop and say Hi if you do pop in.  And here's wishing for some unseasonably warm Spring weather over the next few weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Just back from a wonderful week in Melbourne and sad to have missed this market...next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that poster...hope the night went well....

    ReplyDelete